FRESHMAN GRIDSTERS SWAMP BIG GREEN, 27-0

Reardon Leads Attack as Hard-Driving Yearlings Crush Invaders--Oakes Injures Hand

Behind the flashy running of Tim Reardon and the flawless work of the whole line, Harvard's Freshman football team Saturday swamped a big Green eleven from Hanover by the score of 27-0, exactly equalling the decisive defeat administered the Hanoverians last year by the 1937 yearlings.

The staunch Crimson forward wall played a bang-up game throughout, bottling up the attack of the reputedly strong invaders at all times. The backs also did their share, turning in a smooth, powerful performance which notted four well-earned counters. Tim Reardon, who replaced Captain Arthur Oakes when the latter injured his hand, accounted for two of the Crimson tallies with a brilliant passing and running attack.

Coach Cliff Gallagher stated that he yearlings were in their best form of the season, with the over-powerful line exceeding all past performances, and the secondary sharing the burden of defense with great effectiveness. Both the coach and the players are confident of continuing their unbeaten record in the contest with the Jayvees and Yale.