PEACE DELEGATES WILL MEET IN P. B. H. SUNDAY

SEVEN STUDY GROUPS FORMED TO DISGUSS ASPECTS OF WAR

Delegates from most of the New England colleges will attend the regional conference against war to be held on Armistice Day in Phillips Brooks House. Representatives from Harvard, Radcliffe, Smith, M. I. T., Boston Theological School, Boston College, Tufts, Simmons, Dartmouth, Bennington, and Mount Holyoke will assemble at 2 o'clock to hear speakers present their viewpoints on the subject of war.

Breaking up into seven study groups, the conferences will consider causes of of war, danger spots in Europe and Asia, practical action and propaganda against war, students and workers and war, militarism and armaments, who profits from war, and the peace policy of the Soviet Union. These groups will be led by prominent students and members of the faculty.

In the evening the conference will hear reports from the study groups, to be followed by a discussion of resolutions, voting on resolutions, and an election of a continuations committee composed of representatives from all the colleges involved.

The conference is open to all students, although only delegates may vote. All organizations are welcome to send delegates, one for each ten members. Contained in the credentials of the delegates should be the name of the organization, the names of those endorsing the delegates, and the names of the delegates. Credentials are received by Edwin McG. Warner '37, in Kirkland C-23.

In justification of this conference, the Boston Student Committee Against War has issued this statement: "It is no longer necessary to convince people of the imminence of a second world war. The danger is rather that we have become so used to the idea as to be callous to it. The purpose of actions such as the Armistice Day Weekend actions planned by the students' committee is to combat this callousness, and to organize into an effective force the antiwar sentiment of the great majority of the student body. The actions are taken during Armistice Day Weekend because we are convinced that action to prevent future wars is the most effective tribute to those who have died in the wars of the past."

At the same time that these actions are being taken in this region, similar meetings and conferences will be held in 26 other regions throughout the country, all at the call of the National United Front Committee, composed of representatives of the Committee on Militarism in Education, the International Student Service, the National Student Council of the Y. M. C. A., the National Student Council of the Y. W. C. A., the National Student League, the Student Division of the War Resisters League, and the Student League for Industrial Democracy.