DRAMATIC CLUB WILL GIVE PLAY TOMORROW

PLAY IS BASED ON OEPIDUS REX OF SOPHOCLES

Harvard Square will be treated to a delightfully archaic sight this afternoon, when at two o'clock precisely, especially privileged members of the Harvard Dramatic Club will climb aboard a chariot lent them by the Classical Club, and gallop off for the Repertory Theatre.

Coincidently, but in a less spectacular manner, the scenery for this year's play, "La Machine Infernale," by Jean Cooteau, will also be transported to town, and the Club will enter upon the last lap of its production. The dress rehearsal, complete with chariot, will be held tonight at 6.30 o'clock, and the play will open tomorrow.

Play Based On Oedipus

This play, the first of this year's productions, is based on the tragedy "Oedipus, the King," by Sophocles. It concerns the prophecy that Oedipus would kill his father, and commit incest, and how that prophecy was fulfilled, and how Oedipus discovered his position.

Among the patronesses for the play which were announced last night, are Mrs. James B. Conant, Mrs. George H. Edgell, Mrs. Clarence H. Haring, Mrs. Robert Hillyer, Mrs. Benjamin Jones, Mrs. Roger I. Lee, Mrs. Roger B. Merriman, Mrs. Kenneth B. Murdock, Mrs. Edmund K. Rand, Mrs. Paul J. Sachs, and Mrs. Roger T. Twitchell.