STUDENT EARNINGS ARE INCREASED FOR 1933-1934

Employment Office Report Shows Gain of $328.00

Over one third of the students of Harvard College received employment last year through the Student Employment Office, whose annual report, made public yesterday, showed an increase of $328.00 over the earnings of students during 1932-33.

The number of term-time jobs handled by the office increased 15.9 per cent while summer jobs increased 5.2 per cent. Financially, the term-time jobs showed approximately $10,000 less earnings than the previous year, but the income from summer jobs more than off set this decline. The total number of positions filled by students nearly reached the record set in 1931-32.

A significant increase was likewise noted in the number of students applying for jobs.

The decline of $10,000 in term-time earnings is attributed largely to the disbandment of student orchestras, but this decline is much smaller than the percentage decline between 1931-1932 and 1932-1933.

last year.

In addition to the term-time earnings of $104,219 and the summer earnings of $78,710 made through the Employment Office, students received $112,633 through other jobs given out by the University.