1935 FOOTBALL LEADER EITHER KELLY OR HALEY

Squad Meets in Notman's Studio Today To Elect Captain--Choice Between End and Quarterback

When the 1934 football team leaves Notman's Studio after their picture this afternoon, they will have chosen a new leader to direct their 1935 season. Indications point decisively to the election of either Shaun Kelly, whose playing at end this fall has won him distinction, or Bob Haley, who has filled the position of quarter-back capably for the last two years.

27 players who won their "H's" in the Yale Bowl two weeks ago and Francis H. Burr '35, retiring football manager, will choose the new captain.

Tradition of the last two years gives the advantage to a lineman, since Gundlach, the present captain, has played at guard and Hageman, the 1933 leader, occupied the position of end. Nevertheless, although the race can be narrowed down to these two men, no one can fool absolutely safe in backing one against the other.

Kelly, who graduated from Groton, was President of the Freshman Class, and is a member of the Student Council. Haley has won his prominence on the football field and might possibly have been elected captain last year since it was his third year on the squad but for the fact he was only a Junior.