TIGER TRIO SUCCUMBS TO POWERFUL CRIMSON TEAM IN TENSE BATTLE

CLOSE SCORING THRILLS RECORD ARMORY CROWD

Harvard's indoor interscholastic polo champions defeated the champion outdoor Princeton team 7 1-2 to 5 Saturday evening at the Commonwealth Armory in a nip and tuck tilt which was led by the Crimson trio at the end of almost every period.

Following a continual reversing of the field of action and a foul on the Tiger trio which reduced their score to a mere half point, the Princeton score was again raised by a long shot from Sullivan. Lowell Dillingham, Harvard No. 2, sent in the first goal of the evening for his team, which was soon followed by a tally by Captain Davis to end the first chukker 2 to 11-2 in favor of the Cambridge contingent.

The second chukker opened with Tommy Davis scoring again for the Crimson and a fast shot by Davey, Princeton No. 2, to add to the excitement of the ding dong scoring. Harvard's galloping No. 1 then scored, and the number on the score board again went up under the Harvard plate with a backhander by Davis to end the half 4-3 with Harvard on the long end of the scoring.

The second half took time to warm up, but Al Dillingham's shots started clicking to score another Harvard goal. In the last chukker, the doughty No. 1 made a final score through a six-man scrimmage to end the game 7 1-2 to 5.

The summary:   1.  2.  3.  4.  fouls  goals H  2  2  1  3  1  7 1-2 P  2  2  2  0  2  5

Dillingham 2, Kemmerer 2, Davis 3, Sullivan, Davey 3, McGuckin 3.