DEBATERS TO GO ON AIR WITH CHICAGO MARCH 17

TEAM DIFFERS FOR EACH DEBATE ON SCHEDULE

Teams for the next three debates were announced last night by Edward M. Rowe '27, director of Debating. On March 17 a Harvard team composed of Malcolm Hoffman '34, Seymour M. Peyser '34, and Joshua B. Cahn '35, alternate, will debate with the University of Chicago over the facilities of the Columbia Broadcasting Company. The Harvard team will speak from Boston, and the Chicago team from the studies of the Company in Chicago. The subject, not yet definitely agreed upon, will probably deal with some problem of college education.

A team composed of Roy M. Cohen '36, Powers McLean '35, Morris Pfaezer H. '35, and Stanley H. Ginsberg '36, alternate will debate with Providence College at Providence on March 1. The Harvard team will uphold the negative side of the proposition: Resolved: That the principles of the NRA should become permanent features of United States Government policy.

On March 12, the Debating Council will entertain a team from William and Mary. The Harvard team, which is composed of George R. Farnham '36, Hyman Goldenstein '36, Melvin Levy '36, and Sidney S. S. Alexander '36, alternate, will uphold the affirmative side of the question: Resolved: That the disadvantages of the NRA outweigh its advantages.

In the near Tuture teams for debates with Holy Cross and Smith will also be announced. Some time in April the Debating Council will engage in its usual triangular debate with Yale and Princeton. This is a more extensive schedule that has been planned for the past two years. This season the Debating Council has adopted a new policy of having at least three radio debates.