THREE RIFLE TEAMS TO USE NEW INDOOR RANGE

SERGEANT EASTERLING TO COACH NAVAL SCIENCE, RIFLE CLUB

Three different 22 Calibre rifle teams, composed within the college, will go into action this month, it was learned yesterday. Both the Military and Naval Science units will enter teams in the Hearst R.O.T.C. Intercollegiate matches, and the Harvard Rifle Club will start off its indoor schedule of college and club matches with a telegraphic shoot against Princeton this evening.

All three teams will practice in the new 50-75 foot range in the basement of Memorial Hall, where one steel backstop has already been erected by Major Henry C. Jones of the Military Science Department. Major Jones will also coach the Military Science Rifle Team. Commander R. C. Williams, U.S.N., of the Naval Science Department, plans to increase the number of shooting lanes in the basement.

Under the auspices of the Naval Science Department, students enrolled in that unit together with members of the Harvard Rifle Club, will be offered expert coaching by Sergeant William A. Easterling of the Marine Corps, member of the National rifle team and winner of the Pershing Trophy, President's Match, and Leech Cup. Easterling will be in Memorial Hall daily, starting next Tuesday, from 10 to 12 o'clock and from 2 to 5 o'clock. Rifle Club members in good standing can shoot at these times.

In its indoor activities, the Rifle Club will be responsible via its executive committee to Colonel Oliver A. L. Spaulding of the Military Science Department. Melvin M. Johnson 3L, founder of the Rifle Club, will act in an advisory capacity.