CRIMSON QUINTET FACES ELI TEAM IN LAST GAME

YALE WON FIRST TILT IN SERIES BY 41-21 SCORE

In the final game of the season, the Crimson basketball team will meet the Eli cagers in New Haven tonight. After a disastrously unsuccessful season, the Harvard aggregation is expected to make a last desperate attempt to outfight a superior Bulldog team and turn in its sole victory against a first-rate quintet.

Coach Fesler will put his faith in a starting lineup in which there are no seniors. Jim Grady and Dick Ernst will take the offensive positions in the fore court while Gene Merry and Captain Joe Ferriter will be on the reserve list, awaiting the call to perform in their last game for the Crimson. Dick Boys will resume his place at the pivot position while Dick Fletcher and Dan Comfort will play in the rear court.

In the first game between the Crimson and the Blue, which was played in Cambridge in January, the Elis, then the league leaders, handed the Harvard cagers a decisive 41-21 defeat. Since then Yale has tumbled to fourth place in the Eastern League. Nikkel and DeAngelis, the Yale forwards, are both strong scorers, and constitute a serious threat to the Crimson defense. Harvard can only win tonight by displaying a brand of play which it has failed to show all season.