SCHMIDT CHOSEN HEAD OF JUBILEE COMMITTEE

DECORATIONS, ORCHESTRA, TO BE DECIDED LATER

William H. Schmidt, 2nd, '37, of Chestnut Hill has been appointed chairman of the Freshman Jubilee Committee, it was learned last night. A committee of 15 has been appointed, and will meet for the first time Tuesday night to discuss plans for the affair. The Jubilee, which is the principal social event of the Freshman year, will be held in the Union in the latter part of May, probably on the night of the 25th, Schmidt announced. There will be dancing from ten to three o'clock, and refreshments will be served during a midnight intermission.

The committee will have a series of meetings to decide upon the decorations and orchestra for the event. The list of the ushers and patronesses will be decided upon in a few weeks.

The members of the committee, as announced by Schmidt last night, are: Samuel Adams of Brookline, George S. Ford of Belmont, James B. Hallett of Denver, Colorado, George G. Hedblom of Chicago, Hlinois, Robert C. Holcombe of Cambridge, Herbert Jaques, Jr. of Boston, Malcolm B. McTernen, Jr. of Andover, Richard G. Pedrick of Beverly, John N.B. Pell of Westbury, L.I., Curtis Prout of Chestnut Hill, Edward B. Simmons of Baltimore, Maryland, Richard MacC. Walsh of Dorchester, Ira A. Watson of Brockton, Townsend U. Weekes of Oyster Bay, L.I., and Leavitt S. White of Plainfield, N.J.