BAXTER GRANTED LEAVE TO ENGAGE IN NEW RESEARCH

New Head Also Grated Leave for Last Half of Next Term--Appointments of Faculty Members Approved

James Phinney Baxter, 3d, master of Adams House and associate professor of History, has been granted leave of absence by the Harvard Corporation for the first half of 1934-35 to enable him to engage in historical research in Washington, D. C. Professor Baxter is an authority on American diplomatic history, and is going to Washington to work on a book on the Anglo-American relations of the latter part of the 19th century.

Taylor Acting Master

The acting master of Adams House will be Charles Holt Taylor, assistant professor of History, and at present a tutor in Adams House. Taylor has been granted a sabbatical leave of absence for the second half of 1934-35, after Baxter's return.

The following faculty appointments have also been approved by the Corporation:

Wolfgang Koehler, William James Lecturer in Philosophy and Psychology is appointed professor of Philosophy and director of the Psychological Institute at the University of Berlin, for the first half of 1934-35. Clarence Arthur Brodeur '27 has been appointed assistant in Fine Arts, and Frank Howard Clark has been appointed assistant in Zoology for the same period. For one year from September 1, 1934, the following have been appointed: Walter Edwin Sewall, Arthur Everett Pitcher, and William Clare Taylor, instructors in Mathematics, and Henry Miles O'Bryan, instructor of physics.