HARVARD VICTOR OVER TIGER; LOSER TO YALE

COOLIDGE PRIZE IS AWARDED TO ASA E. PHILLIPS '34

An unanimous decision in favor of the Harvard affirmative team debating the Princeton negative in the Lowell House Common Room, and a decision against the Harvard negative team which traveled to New Haven in the Sterling Law Auditorium gave Harvard an even break in the forensic contests.

Following the debate in Lowell House the award of the T. Jefferson Coolidge prize was made to Asa Emory Phillips, Jr. '34 of Washington, D. C., president of the Debating Council and speaker in the Lee Wade and Boylston Prize speaking contests. The T. Jefferson Coolidge prize is awarded annually to the man who prepares the best speech for the tryouts in the Triangular debate. Honorable mention was given to George Gore '34 and Seymour M. Peyser '34.

Donal M. Sullivan '33, former president of the Debating Council acted as chairman of the debate in Lowell House and conducted an informal forum following its completion.

The Harvard affirmative team which supported the creation of a National Police Force, was composed of George Gore '34, Seymour M. Peyser '34 and Malcolm Hoffman '34. The Harvard negative team which travelled to New Haven for their speaking, was composed of Powers McLean '35, Victor H. Kramer '35 and Asa E. Phillips, Jr. '34.

Apparently the sentiment of Yale and Harvard is overwhelmingly in favor of the creation of a National Police force for both of the teams taking the affirmative side in the debate last night won victories over the negative.