STARS AND ASPIRANTS ENTER HANDICAP MEET

First Event of Spring Track Season Starts Tomorrow--May Uncover Some Valuable Material

In the first test of the spring season, members of the track squad and other aspirants will compete in the University Handicap Meet which begins tomorrow afternoon on Soldiers Field. That all the events will be run under the metric system this year makes the Meet of especial interest.

Although a few of the events will be completed tomorrow, principally the hurdles, the finals of most of the races and field events will be held on Friday. Any student in the University may enter the meet before three o'clock tomorrow.

With the latest reports that Eddie Calvin will return earlier than was first expected, prospects look decidedly better. But since the outlook is questionable in any case, the next days' events may be of great aid in showing what material is in the squad. Last year, Freshmen scored heavily in this annual event and there are chances this year that there will be some upsets. The first official meet is the Boston Intercollegiates on Friday and Saturday, April 27 and 28.