MEMORIAL SOCIETY TO PRESENT OUTSTANDING FRESHMAN SILVER CUP

CANVASS OF DORMITORIES TAKES PLACE FRIDAY EVENING

Providing Vice-President Lowes gives his approval, it will be a silver trophy rather than a tablet on the Union which will commemorate the late Henry Pennypacker '88, former chairman of the Committee on Admissions. The trophy, which is to be the gift of the Class of 1937, will be awarded yearly, commencing in 1935, to the leading scholar--athlete of the Freshman Class.

The name of each winner will be engraved upon the Cup and if there are sufficient funds, a smaller individual trophy goes to the recipient of the honor. Following Dean Leighton's suggestion, the award will probably be placed in the hands of the H.A.A. Awards Committee.

The Memorial Society, who, with the assistance of the Class officers, is in charge of the proposal, will assume entire responsibility for raising the funds necessary to obtain the Cup. A canvass of each Freshman dormitory will be held on Friday evening by volunteers from the Memorial Society. They will hold a meeting Monday evening, May 14, at 7.30 o'clock, in the Union to discuss further plans for the gift. An officer of the society pointed out last night that this entire scheme depended on Mr. Lowes' approval.