LIBERALS CARRY ON

The climax of last night's unusually passive Liberal Club meeting, resulting in the election of a conservative as President, brings to an harmonious conclusion the strife between radicals and conservatives which has threatened to disrupt the activities of the organization. Straddling main issues and pledging himself to "any liberal policies the Club sees fit," the new President has set forth a program which promises to favor compromise with the harmony that results from such action.

The new policy is commendable in that it will provide opportunity for the expression of any liberal opinion latent in the University. Without pledging itself to any set political ideas, such as is the case with the National Student League, the Liberal Club according to its newly expressed ideals will entertain any reasonably liberal thoughts as they are suggested from time to time. By adopting a resolution which favors the giving of credit by the Government department for work done at the Laboratory of Students in Politics under the auspices of the Department of Commerce, the Club has signified its intention of taking an active part in the formulation of liberal policy within the University itself.

The absence of internal dissension at its last meting, the election of a liberal conservative as President, and the adoption of a resolution which aims at broadening the students' opportunities for practical education, are signs that point towards a year of progressive unprejudiced action with a minimum of bickering and dissension. The Liberal Club is at last organized on a firm basis which promises a long life of activity.