CADETS AND OFFICERS FROM KARLSRUHE WILL ATTEND DANCE FRIDAY

TUNE BY VICTOR TO BE PLAYED AT AFFAIR

Cadets and officers from the German Warship "Karlsruhe" which is now lying in Boston Harbor as a guest of the city and is on a voyage around the world, have been invited to the Naval and Military Ball, it was announced last night by Robert L. Hurlburt '34, John F. Madden '34, and Paul J. Wolfer '34, members of the committee.

They will be served a buffet supper at which members of the dance committee and their partners will be present. This has been made possible through the kindness of Mrs. Melvin T. Copeland.

Freshman Writes Tune

At the dance a tune will be played entitled "Don't Spare My Heart" which was written by Royall Victor '37, who is a member of the Freshman baseball nine. Jackie Marshard, who is playing at the Ball has agreed to render the number among his regular pieces.

The receiving line for the dance was also announced. For the army General and Mrs. Fox Conner, Colonel and Mrs. William S. Bowen, Colonel and Mrs. Oliver L. Spaulding, Jr., Colonel and Mrs. William P. Ennis, and Professor and Mrs. Julian L. Colidge will officiate.

Admiral and Mrs. Henry H. Hough, Commander and Mrs. H. G. Patrick, Commander and Mrs. R. C. Williams, Commander and Mrs. E. W. Hansen, Commander and Mrs. R. S. Wentworth, Commander and Mrs. C. S. Alden, and Captain and Mrs. J. B. Gay will represent the naval department in the receiving line.