H.D.C. PRODUCTION TO OPEN TONIGHT AT BRATTLE HALL

"Bride for the Unicorn" Starts With Noise, Rattle in Premiere at 8.30 O'clock Tonight

When the lights grow dim and the curtain rises over at Brattle Hall tonight at 8.30 o'clock, the assembled audience will be treated to a highly original and satirical comedy on modern life, a production which has attracted more interest than any recent Dramatic Club offering--"A Bride for the Unicorn" will come to life.

A chorus of seven drunks will be one of the most remarkable features of this, the forty-seventh annual production of the Harvard dramatists. According to gleanings garnered from the sparse utterances of the all too secretive members of the club, the inebriates bear a symbolic resemblance to the seven heroes of the Argonauts, who as everyone will remember, played rather prominent roles in the tale of Jason and the much-to-be-desired Golden Fieece.

Tom-toms, kettledrums, triangles, and various other percussion instruments will accompany the chantings of the Greek chorus, which is to consist of two groups of eight singers (members of the Giee Club in everyday life.) The music, or "rhythmic score" as it is known in this instance, has been written especially for "A Bride for the Unicorn" by Virgil Thomson, a rising star among young American musicians.

due to delays brought about by the difficulties in casting (President Comstock's decree, etc.) the original opening of the play, its first debut in this country, by the way, has been postponed until tonight. Those who are unable to be present tonight may still witness Dents Johnson's comedy at performances to be given tomrrow and Friday evenings.

Rigorous have been the preparations for tonight's opening. During the past week, Joe Losey, prominent Manhattan director, has supervised the intensive rehearsals in Holden Chapel and Phillips Brooks House. Members of the technical staff of the Dramatic Club have kept things whirring at the organization's workshop as sets for the drama.

The Harvard players consider themselves particularly fortunate to have obtained the services of Director Joe Losey and Cmoposer virgil Thomson. Losey leaped inot prominence along Broadway last year by his excellent treatment of Albert bein's "Little Ol' Boy," while it is chiefly because of his musical setting for Gertrude Stein's "Four Saints in Three Acts" that Thomson, former director of the Harvard Glee Club, has won renown.

Final casting choices are:

Player  Margaret LeeDoris  Murial WilliamsPhilly  Clara ButlerDora  Elinor EdsonElderly Relative  Mrs. William ArnoldSwell  John CormwellLeonard  Arthur SzathmaryPercy  Robert McKeeLewis  James W. TowerBernard  Richard SullivanEgbert  Paul KilliamAlbert  Milton ByerHarold  Whitney M. CookJohn  Normand LloydDraper  Thomas G. Ratcliff