DARTMOUTH SET TO SHOOT FOR SECOND VICTORY THURSDAY

Star Dartmouth Hurler to Join Yanks After College--Mitchell Is Silent on Crimson Mound Choice

When Dartmouth's baseball team comes to town tomorrow for the second game of the Crimson-Green series, Fred Mitchell's Varsity will have a chance to retrieve the 9-1 scalping the Indians handed them last Saturday. But if they do wreak vengeance on the Hanoverians, then Dartmouth's hopes of taking the League pennant will go blowing out into space.

The Green has two more games to play this season and must take both to win the banner. The way they've been going lately they stand a very good chance of doing this. They were very impressive last Saturday both in the field and at the plate. Their stick work ranks second in the League, at a team average of 272. Harvard's team batting is 255. Bill Clark, Dartmouth's catcher. leads the League with an individual record of .556.

For pitching the Indians will again depend on their lone star performer Bob Miller, who has just made an agreement to join the Yankees as soon as he has finished hurling for the Green. Fred Mitchell's choice to oppose him is still a dark mystery. Aside from the Crimson's pitching problem both lineups will be exactly the same as those that started last Saturday. Phil Clark will lead off the Green attack at 3 o'clock