CONANT NOT TO BE AT SATURDAY MUSIC FETE

HAS ENGAGEMENT TO SPEAK IN NEW JERSEY

President Conant expressed today his regret that he will be unable to attend the Harvard Stadium Festival on Saturday, sponsored by the Inman Square Business Men's Association to raise money for the installation of the organ given by Harvard to Rindge Technical School. Thomas Nelson Perkins '91, Senior Member of the Corporation and next in rank at Harvard to President Conant, will speak at the festival on behalf of the president.

Sends Message

"It is a source of deep regret that I am unable to be present at the great community musical festival which has been arranged by the Inman Square Business Men's association," President Conant said. "I am very glad that the meeting is being held in the Harvard Stadium and that it is possible for the University to offer its facilities for this gathering. The occasion is significant not only for the ends to which it is dedicated but also because of the fact that it is a community enterprise which brings together a great group of citizens in a musical festival. The installation of the organ in the Rindge Technical School should be a source of pleasure and satisfaction to the City of Cambridge and its inhabitants for many years to come. I am delighted that Harvard University was able to contribute to this enterprise by the donation of the organ."

The faculty will be represented by Kenneth B. Murdock '16, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and Professor J. D. M. Ford '94. President Conant will be in New Jersey on Saturday, to deliver an address at the Stevens Institute of Technology.