OLYMPIC CHAMPION TO RUN IN STADIUM MEET

Fifty Italian Goodwill Athletes Have Full Program for October 4

Led by Luigi Beccali, Italy's Olympic champion at the 1500-metre distance, a group of 50 Italian athletes will display their wares in the Harvard Stadium and compete against leading athletes from all over the country on October 4.

With the cooperation of William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics a full track program has been arranged for the visiting runners, who chose the Harvard track as the one they wished to compete on. Eight running events and four field events have been scheduled and the feature of the day will be an attempt for a world record by Becalli in the 1500-metre grind.

No definite arrangements have been made for the American athletes who will furnish competition for Mussolini's men but it is hoped that Bill Bonthron, Princeton's bid for fame, will be an entry in the world record try. With such a feature tentatively scheduled the meet bids fair to attract many track enthusiasts to the Stadium.

Preceding the track meet there will be a fencing exhibition in the Stadium and an informal game of soccer.

The Italian group, consisting of a small group of athletes and a larger group of good-will students, arrived in New York on the Saturnia yesterday and after spending today and tomorrow in New York will leave for the Middle West where they will visit Notre Dame University in South Bend, Indiana, the Ford Plant and Niagara Falls. They will arrive in Cambridge early in the afternoon of October 4 following a trip through New York state and western Massachusetts.