FIRST A.S.M. ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL GOES TO SAUVEUR

New Honor Recognizes Achievement in Metallurgy Which Has Led to Other Work Along Same Lines

As a tribute to the work of Albert Sauveur, Gordon McKay Professor of Mining and Metallurgy at Harvard, the new "Achievement Medal" awarded by the Trustees of the American Society for Metals will be awarded to him at the annual society banquet at the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City on Thursday, October 4.

The Trustees at a recent meeting voted to establish the "Achievement Medal" for the recognition of metallurgical achievement which has stimulated work along similar lines and contributed to advance in metallurgical knowledge.

In recognition of Dr. Sauveur's eminent contributions to the science of metallurgy, it was voted that the medal be named in his honor and known hence forth as the Albert Sauveur Achievement Medal.

Minutes of the last meeting of the Trustees of the A.S.M. give the following information on the Albert Sauveur Achievement Medal: "The purpose of this award is to recognize a metallurgical achievement which has stimulated other organized work along similar lines to such an extent that a marked basic advance has been made in metallurgical knowledge. Recognition for this pioneering work is herewith made in the award of the American Society for Metal Albert Sauveur Medal.