FELLOWSHIP OFFERED FOR STUDY IN EUROPE

College Graduates Are Eligible for $1,000 Grants for Year in Norway, Sweden, or Denmark

Opportunity for a year of study in Sweden, Denmark, or Norway on $1,000 fellowships is being offered by the American-Scandinavian Foundation of New York City.

Candidates must have been born in the United States or its possessions and be capable of original research and independent study. They may concentrate in humanistic, technical, or scientific subjects and must submit definite plans of study. It is desirable that they be college graduates and familiar with at least one language in addition to English, preferably Swedish, Danish, or Norwegian.

Application papers, which may be obtained from Neilson Abeel, 116 E. 64th. St., New York City, letters of recommendation, and a photograph are to be filed at the office of the foundation before Friday, March 1. Successful candidates will be notified about Monday, April 15.

Papers may be sent in directly, but if the candidates wish official endorsement form their colleges, they should be filed at the office of the President of Dean of the College before March 1.

The period of study will be for one year; candidates leaving other in June or January.