BURTON STARTING AT TACKLE AGAINST GREEN SATURDAY

Downes and Janien of Jayvees Being Converted into Spare Tackles; Tom Bilodcau in "A" Backfield

By R. W. Paul

With Jim Maser injured and Mike Adlis a doubtful starter on Saturday, work at Soldiers Field the past few days has developed into a desperate search for Varsity tackles.

The first result of this search came to light yesterday with the news that will Burton, letterman of last season, will start at right tackle against Dartmouth. Dick Harlow revealed this in a fight talk to the "A" team after the signal drill.

Harlow, for the first time since he has been here, publicly gave high praise to one of his players in speaking of the spirit Burton has shown in fighting his way up from "C" team. Burton was a starter in the 1934 Yale game but was sent down to the lower ranks of the Varsity early this year.

Comeback

Harlow complimented him for his courage in working his way back to the "A" ranks and seemed to feel that Burton is one of the best tackles available right now.

At the same time the news got out that Bob Downes, a Jayvee end, and Cedric Janien, formerly a Varsity and now a Jayvee back, are both being converted into spare tackles.

Another tackle, Bob Watson, who ranks with Burton as a leading candidate, was rested yesterday but is not disabled. Adlis has suffered a leg injury and is doubtful as a Dartmouth game starter.

Another man who was promoted yesterday was Jack Hoye, 165 pound back from Boston Latin, who was moved up from the Jayvees and played in the scrimmage Harlow gave the Varsity.

Tommy Bilodeau was once more in the "A" backfield for signals. Johnny Adzigian is on crutches at present but will be ready for Dartmouth, in all probability.

Team A lined up as follows: Dubiel, l.e.; Spring, l.t.; Gaffney, l.g.; Jones, c.; Kessler, r.g.; Burton, r.t.; Kennedy, r.e.; Bilodean, q.b.; Moseley, l.h.b.; Ford, r.h.b.; Hedblom, f.b.