INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS PLAN FIVE CONCERTS

VOCAL CLUBS WORKING ON RUSSIAN SONGS UNDER HOLMES

Five local concerts have been scheduled for the Instrumental clubs before the Christmas holidays. The first will be on Friday, December 6th, at Winchester, followed on Saturday, December 7th, at Governor Dummer Academy.

Other concerts in December will be held at the Brooks School in North Andover, at the Commander Hotel, and at the Agawam Hunt Club in Providence Rhode Island.

Tentative plans for a Christmas trip through central New York State are being laid with concerts at Rochester on the 26th, at Buffalo on the 27th, and at Syracuse on the 30th. These concerts will be sponsored by the Harvard clubs of the various cities. The expedition may go as far afield as Cleveland or Chicago.

Led by Henry Robbins '37, the Vocal Club under the tuition of Malcolm Holmes '28 has been working on three Russian songs; "Song of the Volga Boatmen", "Fireflies", and "At My Father's Doorstep". Also included on the program are the two dities, "What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor?" and "The Pope." An innovation will be accompaniment of the Vocal Club by the Banjo and the Mandolin Clubs in two of the folk songs.

John P. Ayer '37, leader of the Gold Coast Orchestra, has been perfecting renditions of the latest song-hits.