McLAUGHLIN LECTURES ON GEOGRAPHY OF GOLD

Stetson Will Talk on Stratosphere in December at the Geographical Institute

Donald H. McLaughlin, '15, professor of Mining Engineering and chairman of the Department of Geology and Geography, will open a series of public lectures at the Geographical Institute on Wednesday. His address, "The Geography of Gold", will be accompanied by motion pictures. Professor McLaughin has recently returned from a journey around the world, during which time he visited and studied the gold regions of Australia and South Africa.

He will be followed on December 4 by Harian T. Stetson, research associate in Geophysics, who will speak on "Exploring the Stratosphere". Dr. Stetson has been busy for the last few years chasing eclipses, having gone with expeditions to California in 1923, Connecticut in 1925, Sumatra in 1926, Norway in 1927, Malaya in 1929, and Maine in 1932.

The famed Bradford Washburn, '33, will continue on December 18 with a lecture on "Exploring the Yukon's Glacial Stronghold". Distinguished by exceptional motion picture shots and a brilliant address. Washburn's lectures are always popular.