BROOKS HOUSE CHOOSES NEW 1939 COMMITTEE

Group of 13 Freshmen to Have Charge of Drives and Campaigns Conducted in Yard

A significant step in the reorganization of Brooks House social service activities was made last night through the appointment of a Freshman Committee of 13 men to secure the interest and cooperation of first year students in the widespread program of the House.

The extensive activities of the committee will begin this morning with the distribution of Thanksgiving baskets to several needy families in Cambridge. In addition to forming a nucleus from the Class of 1939, the duties of the committee will involve supervision of all clothing and text book drives in the Yard, direction of Red Cross campaigns, and distribution of Christmas dinners.

Under the general supervision of Rodman W. Paul '36, vice-president of Brooks House, the new appointees will collaborate principally with the Foreign Student, Social Service Speakers, Mission, and Loan Library Committees.

Temporary plans call for the atten- dance of each committee member at a regular meeting of the Cabinet. Shortly after midyears a chairman will be elected and automatically became a member of the Cabinet.

Selected from a list of 41 recommendations by proctors in the Yard, the membership of the new committee includes the following: Robert W. Anderson, John O. Bates, Oliver P. Bolton, Peter F. Cunningham. Robert T. Gannett, 2nd, J. Gorden Gilkey, Jr., Finlay H. Perry, Harvey M. Rose, and Edward H. Schoyer