FRENCH CLUB'S DOCTOR FOUND HAUNTING CITY

Laird Ogle '37, 17th Century Medecin, Rouses Interest for Moliere Play on Friday, Dec. 6

Carbed in a black witch's hat and an ebony gown, Laid McK. Ogle '37, a member of the French Club and an actor in the French Play, has been haunting Cambridge, Harvard, and Radcliffe during the past two weeks.

The strange figure, a reproduction of a French "medicine" of the 17th century, has been crested to attract public attention to the coming production of Moliere's "Mousieur to Poureesugnae" by the French Club. In a manner characteristic of Meliere, the "medicine" is made the butt of the same satire which is attached to a modern mother-in-law.

In a typical appearance at the Geographical Institute on November 16 where the French Films were being shown, Ogle's representation and description created great amusement. He characterized the medieval medico as offering to his patients the talents of a barber, an spotheoary, an alchemist, and a sorcerer. In his acute diagnosis of disease the "medecin" included only Black Bile. Phlegm and Bed Blood, while bleeding with leeches was his most potent cure.

The play is to be presented on Friday. December 6 at 8.30 P. M. in the Lowell House dining room.