CLEGG WILL TALK TO LAW MEN AT 2 O'CLOCK TODAY

MAY SIGN UP SENIORS FOR POSTS IN DEPARTMENT

Seniors in the Harvard Law School may be drafted into the United States Department of Justice this afternoon when Inspector Hugh H. Clegg, assistant director of the department, now on a trip to Boston, speaks to third-year men at 2 o'clock.

Although no special announcement to the effect has been made, it is understood that Clegg comes to Harvard with the intention of interesting students who are graduating in June, in the prospect of joining the "feds" in their war on organized crime.

Clegg's talk at Harvard on the workings of the Department of Justice is just one of several that he will give around Boston. This morning he is scheduled to lecture at the Boston University Law School before the senior class, at 9 o'clock.

The "Dillinger squad" is in the market new, as it has been since its establishment, for college graduates and especially law school graduates who are interested in government service. Composed of about 80 per cent college men, the department has won nation-wide acclaim for its successful campaign on gangsters and sundry rackets.

It has already reduced the "public enemy" list to the point where No. 1 is practically unknown, and by putting into effect a system of complete finger printing, trained inspectors, and a closely knit organization, has kept a check on racketeering in the United States.

Clegg has been in Boston for several days, lecturing on the federal police system, and it is expected that he will attempt to sign up seniors in the Law School for government service.