QUO USQUE, CATILINA?

Procrastination is all that can be expected from the Phillips Brooks House committee supposed to report on better lunch accomodations for commuters. Both commuters and Phillips Brooks men profess to be impatient with present overcrowding, and yet Tammany aldermen could be no slower to reduce their salaries than this committee to end their indecision.

Seven hundred and fifty undergraduates are commuters and each noon some two hundred fifty of these still eat in a shambles. The august deliberative bodies cannot make up their solemn minds where in all Cambridge there exists a place better fitted for the purpose. Melancholy as the fact may be, no one else can make their decisions for them. It has been announced that some of the committee's concrete suggstions for action have been vetoed by University Hall. Sacrilege though it is, the authorities must be reminded they have here a group equal in size to one of the Houses. They must not misconstrue the implication of the remark and reply by charging the same high prices as the night lunch--when, and if, they ever provide new quariers. Fairness, however, demands that Brooks House receive its full measure of praise for the excellent management that enables them to serve food at such low cost, and furnish employment to several men working their way.

Manna will never fall from heaven each noon into the months of commuters, howsoever long and hard the powers may pray for it. Fortunately there is more hope that the lethargy of mental "sleeping sickness" will end, than if the "powers" really had endemic encephalitis.