CRIPPLED FIVE HEADS FOR LAIR OF BULLDOG

ELI QUINTET FAVORED TO TAKE CRUCIAL TILT

Dogged by hard luck, the Harvard Varsity cagers will travel to New Haven this noon to meet the Eli five in the first of the annual two-game series. Leavitt S. White '37, is still out, and to cap the climax Captain Dick Boys has also developed a charley horse and may not see action. This injury, which is the reason Boys did not play against Syracuse last Saturday, removes all the fore-court scoring punch from the team, and makes victory a remote possibility.

With two comparatively inexperienced Sophomores bearing the brunt of the attack, only a miracle, or another such display by the guards as was seen the other night will save the Feslermen from a debacle. In the face of these difficulties the spirit of the team remains strong -- witness the Syracuse game where Fletcher and Kollinites together rang up 24 of the team's points.

Yale has not been without its troubles this year, however, for the start of the season found Bob Beckwith, star on last year's yearlings, out with an appendectomy. Beckwith was one of the finest natural athletes seen on the Yale campus for some years, and his loss was a severe one. Then too internal dissension made itself felt on the squad, and a complete unity has yet to be realized.