15 SPECIAL "H" AWARDS MADE IN MINOR SPORTS

William A. Smith '36 Honored for Win In Eastern Intercollegiates--Eight Honored for Three Minor "H's"

By a special vote of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, William A. Smith '36, winner of the 165 pound title at the Eastern Intercollegiates, was awarded a major "H" for his victory. Other undergraduates who were honored with major "H's" were Richard Ford '36, Edward E. Langenau '35, and Webster F. Williams, Jr. '35, who won the Epee Team Championship at the Intercollegiates, and German G. Glidden '36, who was the winner of the Intercollegiate Squash Championship.

Special minor "H" awards were given to the following: Philip H. Thayer '36 in Varsity swimming; Albert Aranson '35 in wrestling; and Peter Ward '36, co-captain of Varsity boxing. All three did not compete against Yale because of illness.

The following major "H's" in minor colore were given for having won minor "H's" for three years: Richard C. Boys '35 and Richard G. Fletcher, Jr. '35, in basketball; Thomas J. Davis, Jr. '35, in polo; Stanley G. Haskins '35, in squash; Roy S. Wallace, Jr. '35, in swimming; Richard W. Emory '33, in wrestling; and Edward E. Langenau '35 and Webster F. Williams, Jr. '35, in fencing.