1939 WILL HEAR HEADS OF 12 ORGANIZATIONS

EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES WILL BE EXPLAINED

1939 will hear about extra-curricular activities for the first time tonight when the heads of the different undergraduate organizations mount the platform at 7.30 o'clock tonight in the Peabody Room of Phillips Brooks House.

The speakers include: Arthur A. Ballantine, Jr. '36, President of the CRIMSON; Raymond Dennett, President of Phillips Brooks House; Thomas H. Quinn, President of the Debating Council; John S. Howe '36, President of the Instrumental Clubs; John J. Slocum '36, President of the Advocate; John Carley '36, President of the Lampoon; Whitney M. Cook '36, President of the Dramatic Club; Edward C. Streeter, Jr. '36, President of the Mountaineering Club; Robert S. Brainerd, President of the Harvard Peace Society; Boone Schirner '37, executive secretary of the NSL; Douglas P. Dryer '36, President of the Liberal Club; and Thomas A. Ivory, Jr. 2GB, Manager of the Pierian Sodality and a member of the Glee Club.

About 500 Freshmen are expected to attend the meeting at which light refreshments will be served. An added feature of the meeting will be the presence of members of the Phillips Brooks House cabinet who will talk after the speeches to any men interested in the work or benefits offered by the organizatiin.