ED BOARD COMPETITION OPENS TO '38 AND '39

Valuable in Teaching Candidates to Write Clearly--Meeting Tomorrow at 7:30 O'Clock

In parlous times like these those who seek to advance their fortunes in the world must be masters of the manly art of self-expression, especially on paper. A literary stammerer is as helpless in Harvard College as is the tongue-tied man in the advertisements when called upon for a speech, and the CRIMSON editorial competition will teach writing better than either English A or any correspondence school you ever saw (adv.)

The competitor for the Ed Board does not have a hard row to hoe. One editorial a night on a college subject for the first few weeks, and then two a night as the candidates become weeded out. Criticism of a purely destructive nature, and incidentally in case you hadn't realized it, this is the most stimulating and valuable type there is, is given by the editors, and we hope you profit by it.

Those who last always enjoy the competitions, as much as those who are cut dislike the experience. No cuts are made for a week, at least, to give you time to get into the swing. Sophomores and Juniors interested in the writing, and any who have bones to pick with the College or the world at large will find this a most satisfactory form of exercise, and should drop around at 7.30 o'clock tomorrow evening. If you can't write you will be entertained, if you can you'll be elected.