GRID SQUAD KEEPS UP PRESSURE FOR ARMY TEST CLASH

Varsity practice will be held in the Stadium this afternoon from 3.30 to 4.30 o'clock, and is open to all undergraduates.

In the last secret practice before the team's first major test against Army, Dick Harlow continued to apply the pressure yesterday.

Although there was no contact work, a program consisting of intensive work on the tackling dummies, defensive drill against Army plays, and offensive dummy scrimmage gave proof that there was no letting up behind the Varsity practice fence. Throughout the defensive drill, the coaches emphasized the superior effectiveness of brain over brawn stopping a tricky attack.

Triple-Threat Meyer

And it is a tricky attack that the Crimson forces expect the Army to launch on Saturday, led by a diminutive Cadet named "Monk" Meyer. A triple-threater that seems destined to leave a record comparable to his famous predecessors Chris Cagle and Jack Buckler, Meyer began his meteorick career when he was substituted in the Harvard game last fall. Since then, he has kicked, passed, and run his way into the respect of every team he has faced.

Upon Meyer's aerial artillery the outcome of the game largely depends. Last Saturday, Army's line did not turn in a world-beating account of themselves in their 27-16 victory against Columbia. Nor were their lower drives too formidable. The victory was essentially a Meyer pass product. All this week, Harlow has con- centrated on stopping the Meyer missives, and the Crimson star hangs largely on the success of these efforts.

Hallett Leaves Grid

Three men will be brought up from the Jayvees for the game, chosen according to Harlow's formula that honest effort deserves its reward. They are Robert M. Burnett '39, Richard P. Hedblom '39, and Howard J. Lewenstein '38. James B. Hallett '37, Varsity fourth-string center, has decided to give up football in order to devote more time to his studies