UNIVERSITY HANDICAPS FOR HARRIERS TODAY

41 Men Signed to Race in Annual Four Mile Grind; Many Freshmen Listed Among Hopefuls

Cross country runners race again today in their second attempt of the season as the University handicaps get under way over the four mile course along the river. With 41 men signed up, the harriers will get their second trial under competition while the ability of Jaakko Mikkola as a handicapper will be put to its first trial of the season.

Freshmen will run over the same course as the upperclassmen, but will be given a time start commensurate with their ability. The longer run for the Freshmen will give observers a chance to see what they can do in the way of endurance.

Hayden Channing, captain of the team, will be given an opportunity to regain the prestige which he temporarily lost by his bad showing in the Holy Cross meet when he finished last due mainly to a cold encurred during the week. Bill Wright, Charley Worth, Henry Marcy, and Johnny Day, who finished in that order last week, will all be running and attempting to gain higher ranking or show that what they did against the Purple can be expected of them any time.

Although no startling times are expected in the race today the possibility of uncovering hidden talent is always a most interesting one to Coach Mikkola.