HARLOW MOVES THREE JAYVEES UP TO VARSITY

TEAM A BACKFIELD IS GIVEN REST FROM CONTACT WORK

In what H.A.A. officials described as an "unprecedented move" Coach Dick Harlow stopped practice yesterday and promoted three members of the Jayvee squad to the Varsity team.

Ed Simmons, Dave Glueck, and Tom Choate composed the trio of linemen Harlow singled out for the highest praise he has bestowed this year. The change came during the Jayvee scrimmage with the Varsity, and after noticing the havoc wrought in his Varsity offense by the three Jayvee linemen, Harlow decided that it would be better to have them on his squad than spoiling his plays.

Simmons, a Senior, was a Varsity tackle two seasons ago, and a member of the starting eleven his Freshman year. He also stroked the Varsity crew at New Londin in 1935. In the 190-pound class, he will be a welcome addition to the line. Glueck, a guard, who prepared at Exeter is in his Sophomore year. He was a starter on the Freshman eleven two years ago, and was out of College last season.

Choate, who prepared at St. Marks, is a Senior. Also an oarsman, he is the tallest man on the squad, and weighs over 200. All three men were on the C squad in the signal drill which followed the scrimmage.

The A backfield was held out of offensive scrimmage yesterday, to prevent any injuries. Today's work-out will continue the polishing that has gone on all week, and tomorrow the first open practice will be held in the Stadium, to which the University is invited.