VARSITY TRACKMEN NOSE OUT YARDLINGS

Jim Lightbody Outruns Such Regulars As Bill O'Connor, A1 Hanlon, and Rossie Brayton in 600.

Preserving its original lead and adding to it in the running events, the Varsity Track team defeated the Freshmen in their two day meet by the score of 69 1-4 to 55 3-4.

Freshmen continued to show a wealth of strength, but in the 1000 and 600-yard races runoff today, they were decisively routed, their greatest power being shown in the shot put and pole vault, which were the remaining two events on today's calendar.

In the 1000-yard run A1 Northrop was the winner. He was followed by Joseph Bradley and in the third spot was Dick Brayton, these three making up the whole list of finishers.

Jim Lightbody, a surprising runner of the Freshman class, won the 600-yard run over such Varsity stalwarts as Bill O'Connor, A1 Hanlon, and Brayton, who finished behind him in that order. It was Lightbody who yesterday anchored the Freshman relay team in its win over the Varsity, and at that time he beat O'Connor also who was running against him in the last heat.

Win Pettingell became a double winner today as he won the pole vault to add to his five points collected yesterday in the broad jump. Behind him at more modest heights were three Freshmen and another Varsity contender.

The greatest number of Freshman points were won in the shot put when George Downing and Nat Heard beat out Bert Litman, the only Varsity man to place.