FESLER EXPECTS TOUGH FIGHT WITH R. I. STATE

Captain Bill Gray Returns to Lineup After a Short Illness at Stillman Infirmary

Predicting a tough fight, Coach Wes Fesler last night made the statement that the Varsity basketball team would be lucky to win over Rhode Island State in the season's opener tomorrow night at Kingston, Rhode Island.

Bill Gray made his return to the Crimson lineup today for a short scrimmage session after a three day lay-up at Stillman Infirmary. Though in need of practice and still a little weak from his illness, Gray will be at his usual center position in the starting quintet tomorrow. Other starters with him will be McGowan and Lowman at the forward positions and Lupien and Struck playing at the guard posts.

The squad as a whole is in excellent shape, according to reports from Coach Fesler. Their number now cut to 15, the squad includes a strong reserve strength which will enable the Crimson to play a harder and faster game than is their wont. In an interview yesterday evening Wes Fesler stressed the fact that "no one, including Captain Gray, is certain of retaining his position in the first string."

Fesler's second quintet, which will alternate with the above five, finds Herrick at the center position with Shell and White playing guard. Shirk will fill one forward post, while Jacob Kuhn, showing well in recent practice, has replaced Heckel at the other forward position.