DEBATING COUNCIL WILL ARGUE ON NEW DEAN AGAINST B. C.

Boston College Has Won All Previous Encounters, Upheld Alfred Smith at First Encounter in 1928

Debating on the subject: "Resolved, That the Roosevelt Administration deserves the confidence of the American people," the Debating Council will meet the Fulton Debating Society of Boston College at Ford Hall this evening at 8 o'clock.

Irving R. Murray '36, Thomas H. Quinn '36, and A. Gilman Sullivan '36 make up the Harvard team which will uphold the negative side. Lieutenant Governor Joseph L. Hurley will act as chairman and the judges will be Dana T. Gallup, William H. Hitchcock, and Henry T. Lummus, justice of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.

The Fulton team has emerged victorious in all five previous encounters, the last of which was held in 1933. In the first meet in 1928 they successfully upheld the affirmative on the subject: "Resolved, That Alfred E. Smith is eminently qualified for the Presidency."

Harvard Freshman speakers will debate with representatives of the Exeter Debating Union on the question "Resolved, That the Supreme Court should be divested of its power to declare acts of Congress unconstitutional" in the Upper Common Room of the Union tonight at 8 o'clock. Richard Witkin, Robert W. Bean and Caleb Foote will support the negative for Harvard.