Harvard Runners Get Third as Jaspers Triumph in I.C.4A

points. This event was won by Johnson of M.I.T. with what was really for Green the miserable distance of something under 24 feet. By taking these two places Green became the individual highscorer of the meet, although he got one point less than had been hoped for.

But whatever temporary lead Harvard may have gained in the early stages of the meet was quickly blotted out as the Jasper runners started to pile up points in the middle distances while the Crimson runners failed to come through with the maximum number of points fondly hoped for.

While Eipel of Manhattan was winning the high jump at six feet, three inches, Bob Hall was trying for fifth place with three others for an insignificant quarter of a point.

Then while the Penn State 3200-meter relay team was winning that event in the not too fast time of four seconds under eight minutes, the Harvard Quartet was being snowed under by teams from Boston College, Manhattan, and N.Y.U.

The crowning blow to any chances of a second place for Harvard came when Bob Woodward took a nasty spill in the 1500-meter run and was put completely out of the running. This misfortune was doubly bad when a look at the time of 4 minutes and five seconds is taken. By an intricate and highly developed system of mathematics it can be figured out that this time would make the time for a mile at four minutes and 26 seconds, which Woodward could best when he is at his best by walking the last lap.

Other points were dropped in the weight throw when Cahners could get only a fifth, and Dubiel could only the for first in the pole vault with Harding, the Yale vaulter who best him in the Quadrangular.