TITTMANN, WALSH TOP PENNSYLVANIA, 10-4, 5-1

Colwell Homers, Bilodeau Brilliant in Field as Crimson Resumes Title Drive on Maguire's Return

Thumping pitcher George Jeffers for 20 hits in 13 innings, a renovated Varsity baseball nine defeated Pennsylvania in both ends of a doubleheader here Saturday, 10-4 and 5-1.

Renovation was due largely to the return of Captain Dick Maguire behind the plate. Brilliant fielding, especially by Tom Bilodeau at short, consistent batting, paced by Frank Owen's six out of seven, and above all steady two and three hit pitching by George Tittmann and Dick Walsh greeted Maguire's recovery from a finger injury.

In addition Dick's double in the second inning of the second game with Owen and Braman Gibbs on base provided the winning margin, as Walsh in his best performance of the year limited the opposition to a single tally.

Al Colwell's home run to the stadium with the bases loaded in the first frame was the telling blow of the initial encounter. George Tittmann meanwhile was just as good as Walsh, allowing two scratch hits.

With Maguire catching, Colwell went back to first, Prouty to left field, and McTernen to right. Adzigian also went to second and Owen to third in an infield shift in the first game.