PHI BETA KAPPA EXERCISES WILL BE HELD THIS EVENING

Public Are to Be Admitted Without Charge to Literary Exercises of Society

Featuring an oration by Bronislaw Malinowaki and a poem by Robert Hillyer, the Literary Exercises of the Harvard Phi Beta Kappa society will be held tonight at 7.30 o'clock in Sanders Theatre in Memorial Hall. These exercises will be open to the public.

Malinowski, professor of Anthropology at the University of London and one of the world's best known anthorities in the field, was a participant in the Tercentenary Conference of Arts and Sciences, speaking on "Culture as a Department of Human Behavior." In his discussion, Dr. Walinowski urged the use of "scientific determinism" in the study of man.

Robert Frost '01, who was originally scheduled to deliver the poem at the meeting, has been forced to forego the occasion due to illness, and his place has been taken by Robert Hillyer '17, Associate Professor of English.

Although the public are to be admitted free to Sanders Theatre tickets are necessary and may be obtained at University Hall, Room 4.