RECEPTION HELD AT ELIOT HOUSE FOR 54 DELEGATES

Emmanuel College, Alma Mater of John Harvard, Is Discussed by English Delegates

In the first part of the Undergraduate program, all the visiting delegates were officially welcomed at a reception in the Eliot House Court yesterday afternoon. Speeches of welcome were made by John B. Bowditch '37, president of the Student Council, Dean Hanford, and John M. Potter '26, Head Tutor in Eliot House.

Bowditch discussed the student's attitude towards the Tercentenary and gave the official welcome to the visitors. In the first of the two replies made by delegates, H. R. X. D'Aeth of Cambridge University discussed Emmanuel College from which John Harvard was graduated 300 years ago.

The relation of Harvard to the other American Colleges and Universities was the topic discussed by Mr. Potter, who stressed the fact that it was the part of the graduate students which made Harvard into a national university.

Thomas Gucker, 3d, Vice-President of the class of 1937 at Princeton, was the concluding speaker, and discussed the Harvard student as seen by an outsider.