CRIMSON, TUFTS CLASH IN SOCCER GAME HERE

Varsity Plays at 2:45 O'Clock Today in Final Action Before Tiger Trip; Carr Men Favored After Green Win

In its last action before moving down to Tigertown Friday, the Varsity soccer team takes on Tufts in a 2:45 o'clock league game here today.

Though the Somerville Jumbos are often too tough to please their opposition, Coach Jack Carr's eleven rates a pregame favorite on account of its increasing offensive power as reflected in a 4 goal score against Dartmouth.

Much of the success against the Green came after the transfer of Frank Harnden from center forward to inside right so that Carr will probably start the forward line with which he finished Friday.

Flanking Harden will be Jo Johansen on the Wing and Arthur Page at center. Tom Motley and Howie Mendel hold down the left side posts.

In the halfback line there will be no change from the George Phillips, Bob Scott, and Bernard Jacobson trio which has started the games to date.

Jim Doughty and Goose Gosline are scheduled to start at fullback, unless the doctor gives the go ahead signal to injured Joe Bradley, while Put Williams hopes to have the ball visit him as little as possible around the goal.