THIRTY REGISTER FOR BLISS HISTORY PRIZE

List Includes Seven Seniors, Seven Juniors, Six Sophomores, and Seven Freshmen

Thirty men have registered their intentions of taking the extra-curricular American History examination for the William H. Bliss prize of $100, it was announced yesterday. The test will be held on November 15 at 2 o'clock.

Ten of the group which will enter the three-hour competition are Freshmen, the remainder includes seven Seniors, seven Juniors, and six Sophomores. Of the upperclassmen, fifteen live in the Houses, while five are commuters.

Undergraduate Participation

Under the leadership of chairman Howard M. Jones, professor of English, the American History Plan Committee held a meeting yesterday. Besides approving the examination, which had been drawn up by a sub-committee, the group discussed ways and means for undergraduate participation in administering the plan. No definite action was taken, however.

Winner's Name to Be Broadcast

After the meeting it was announced that the winner of the November 15 examination would be known on December 6. This is the date of the first of the free lectures by Bernard De Voto, the other two coming on December 8 and 10. In conjunction with the History plan, these lectures will be given in the new Lecture Hall, at 8 o'clock in the evening and will be broadcast short wave. The name of the History examination winner will be announced just before the first of these lectures and will also be broadcast.