SATURDAY IS DEADLINE FOR COUNCIL AWARDS

RECIPIENTS OF GRANTS WILL BE NAMED NEXT WEEK

Applications for Student Council Scholarships to be applied on the Term Bill due January 29, 1938 must be in the hands of the Scholarship Committee not later than Saturday of this week, it was announced yesterday by the Committee.

Awards, usually not exceeding $50 each will be made public after the Council meeting in the middle of the Reading Period. Applications are not made on formal blanks, but should include as much information about a candidate's financial status as possible, and should be addressed to the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee, E-41 Dunster House or to Edward L. Barnes '38, Richard H. Sullivan '39 or Richard O. Ulin '38, the other members of the Committee.

Particularly information about an applicant's probable expenses for the remainder of the year, the various sources of his income from positions or scholarships held, whether he has applied for a loan from the University, etc., as well as one's extra-curricular activities should be listed.

If for any reason an applicant who wishes a Student Council Scholarships to be applied to his January term bill cannot draw up such a list of expenses and income and have it in the hands of one of the Committee members by Saturday he is asked to get in touch with the Chairman at Kirkland 9763, or at the Council Office in Phillips Brooks House.