Competition for Crimson Photographers Opens with Meeting Wednesday Evening

Aspirants For All Departments Should Report February 17th At 7:30 O'clock

A photographic competition such as the one opening next Wednesday evening at 7:30 provides valuable experience along many lines. For the beginner in photography, the first week will be devoted to a course in the fundamentals of photographic technique, Candidates, as they become more experienced, will early be given opportunities to take portraits and go out on actual news announcements.

Pictorials

Last Christmas, the first CRIMSON pictorial in two years made its appearance. That two years should have passed between teams of what used to be an almost weekly feature of the paper, is an indication of the new photographic budget imposed by what used to be called "The Depression." Since that time, due to, or in a spite of, the valiant efforts of government agencies more people are making more money. Among these people are to be found isolated groups such as the CRIMSON who are willing to spend some of their carnings. Among these expenditures will be found a considerable sum applied to the publication of several more pictorial supplements in the near future.

Posts Open

Pictorials are the chief cause for a photographic staff. The normal necessities of a daily paper which in no way attempts to compete with the tabloids are not so much as to overburden, or even stimulate, two or three alert eameramen. A series of photographic review of the university will provide tutereating work for three times that number.