Indoor Sports Schedule Enters Final Weeks; Seven More Varsity Events

Hockey, Swimming, Wrestling, and Basketball Still Claim Attention

Featured by the attempt of the Varsity hockey team to complete a clean sweep of its Yale series, next Saturday will see the winter sports season approaching its conclusion; for only on the following weekend, that of March 13, will any further indoor sports be held in Cambridge.

Although this year the Yale series is proving the anti-climax of the hockey season after the Washington's birthday trip to Montreal, the Varsity six apparently had a little trouble down at New Haven after they had salted away five goals in the first period, and the game in the Garden may provide more exciting action than has been anticipated.

The basketball team, which has been coming back into its own after a mid season letdown, has won its first victory over Yale, and this week they will stand by, playing only Brown, before facing Columbia and Yale in a final whirlwind finish, attempting to clinch the second place they have squeezed into.

As had been hoped earlier in the season, Wes Fesier's five one of the best in Crimson history, will not be playing for the League championship in these closing games; for the great Penn team, which twice edged Harvard in the hardest tests it has faced all season, clinched the League championship Sturday as they rode roughshod over the Cornell team before 5000 howling supporters in Philadelphia.

In the events to held away from home, the Varsity and first year Wrestlers will face Yale on the New Haven mat Friday afternoon; while the Varsity mermen travel south to Annapolis to wind up their pre-Yale season against the weak Navy swimmers.

Times, places and prices of events here this week:

Wednesday, Freshman basketball vs Northeastern, 4:30 o'clock. Saturday, hockey vs Yale at the Roston Garden. Freshman game, 3:00 o'clock - 55cents. Varsity game, 8:30 o'clock up to $2.20. Basketball vs. Brown at Indoor Athletic Building. Freshman game, 2.30 o'clock. Varsity 4.00 o'clock.