TRAINING TABLES ARE TEMPORARILY ENDED

FOOD SERVED ESSENTIALLY THE SAME AS IN HOUSES

Varsity training tables in all sports will be discontinued at the end of this week until after the spring vacation when they will start up for track and some other sports. Baseball, following the custom of the last three years, will not have any training table.

In spite of the fact that training tables seem to have lost popularity during the year, William J. Bingham '16, director of athletics, expressed himself as confident that they would pick up again as they have in the past. About three years ago training tables were ordered discontinued in certain sports, but petitions resulted in their being restored.

This year there was considerable difficulty experienced in forming a training table for the track team much as Jaako Mikkola, coach of the team, desired it, and it was never used by many members of the team.

Food served at them is provided by Roy L. Westcott and is practically the same as that served in the Houses. The only difference comes in the substitution of fruit cups and similar food for heavy desserts and fewer starchy food.

Bingham declared that the chief benefit from the training tables came not from the food served at them but from the punctuality with which the athletes must eat, the opportunity for the members of the teams to get together, and the fact that the more men that eat her the more chance there is for waiters' jobs for members of the team.