READMITTANCE OF PRO MEN TO COUNCIL STOPS

Student Body Also Votes to Appoint Committee to Probe Requirements for Languages

Two actions taken in the Student Council meeting Thursday night were announced yesterday.

A committee of four members will investigate the University rule on language probation. The point in question is: should a man past Sophomore year he denied certain privileges because of failure to complete language requirements IF his curriculum is planned so as eventually to pass the requirements.

Second business was the acceptance by the Council of an amendment to its Constitution to provide for its membership in the event of probation. The amendment, which will be voted on by the Senior Class, follows:

Add to article I, 'membership', the following section:

Sec. 5. (a) Any member of the Council who is put on probation by the College for any reason will automatically lose his membership in the Council, and will not regain his membership under any circumstances.

(b) If a member of the Council who was elected by his class goes on probation he will be replaced by the man who in the balloting in the Student Council election, received the next highest number of votes after the last man elected from his class.